The Portland Museum of Art (PMA) is proud to announce the launch of the museum’s new website and online presence, PortlandMuseum.org. Offering users a fresh way to interact with the PMA, PortlandMuseum.org is at the forefront of how museums’ collections, resources, and missions are presented online. Modern and clean, the interface is designed to function flawlessly across all platforms—desktop, tablet, and smartphone—and is filled with beautiful art and engaging content.
PortlandMuseum.org makes it easy to explore events, exhibitions, and the museum’s extensive permanent collection, providing a new, online home for the PMA that keeps pace with the museum’s national reputation as one of the best regional museums in the country.
Functionality and design highlights include:
• a strong focus on art and images.
• responsive design, which ensures an optimal experience regardless of device.
• dynamic content throughout the site, which provides relevant content where you’d expect to see it and helps you discover information that you didn’t even know you were looking for.
• PMA Blog—a place to get the inside scoop on all things PMA.
• enhanced video and audio integration, which brings the PMA to life.
• advanced search functionality, which provides unprecedented access to the museum.
• built for integration of the ongoing collection digitization project for PMA 2016.
The website was designed by Might & Main, an award-winning branding and design firm in Portland, Maine.