The Constellation Gallery, home of the Maine Artist Collective (MAC), has put out a “Call for Art” throughout the great state of Maine for the upcoming Miniatures Show from November 21st to January 27th.
“We’d like the news of this opportunity to reach artists from all over Maine, so we’ve extended the submission date,” said David Marshall, MAC’s President and Portland City Councilor. “Mini art pieces make great gifts for the holidays and the Constellation Gallery will feature artist with works 11×14 or smaller,” said Marshall. “We’re exciting about reviewing all they new artwork that will be submitted.”
The state has thousands of artists but there are not enough venues for them to display their work. The call for art from MAC is an opportunity for any artist who submits to be shown in Maine’s major city. Artists are asked to send in a $5 entry free for each submission. Artists will have the opportunity to show downtown Portland from November until January, during two art walks with receptions — one on December 5th and the other on January 2nd. The “Miniatures Show” comes during the holiday season making affordable art the perfect gift to enhance any home.
- Maine based artist can submit their creations, in any media, as long as the work measures 11 x 14 inches or smaller, including any frame used.
- The art submissions should be sent in via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. They should be good quality photographs that represent the art. The photos can be JPG’s or Tiff’s.
- The photo submission file names should be formatted like this: artist_title_size_medium_price.jpg. (For example: Vincent Van Gogh_ Sunflowers_Oil painting_$10 mill.jpg)
- All submissions need to be sent in for review by the November 9th.
- The jury will make the selection for the exhibit by November 10th. The artists will be notified by November 11th if their works have been chosen or not.
- All the art selected must be delivered to the Constellation Gallery by November 18th ready to hang.
The mission of the Maine Artist Collective is to connect the public with Maine artists and support development by providing exhibition and studio space, education, and professional workshops.
The Constellation Gallery located at 511 Congress Street is open Monday 12-4 p.m., Wednesday 1-5 p.m., Friday 12-4 p.m. and Sunday 10-2 p.m. The Gallery is also by appointment. Please call 409-6617.