In conjunction with Rockland’s Festival of Lights the Farnsworth Art Museum will be presenting the ninth annual Share the Wonder holiday celebration.This year’s Share the Wonder traditional seasonal display at the Wyeth Center will once again include holiday art and artifacts built around a magnificent model train set. The unique model train installation in the Wyeth Center features two trains traveling through a terrain of familiar landmarks from the midcoast area. The handsome Lehmann LGB model train and accompanying scenery of Rockland and Camden was a gift from Charles and Julie Cawley in 2004. In addition to the one-day Share the Wonder Celebration, the Farnsworth will present programming throughout the month of December. All programs are free with museum admission unless noted.
- Tuesday, December 2, 3-4 p.m., Oceanside East Chorus, in the museum library
- Friday, December 5, 2-4 p.m., Tom Ulichny of Midcoast Music Academy, in the museum rotunda
- Sunday, December 7, 1-3 p.m., Penobscot Bay Ringers, in the museum library
- Saturday, December 13, 10 a.m. and 11:30 a.m., Gingerbread House Decorating Workshop (pre-registration required)
- Sunday, December 14, 2-3 p.m., Suomalaiset Jouset, Finnish lap harp ensemble, in the museum library
- Sunday, December 14, 6-8 p.m., Holiday Card Making at Fog with the [Collective]. Please note that this event will take place at the Fog Bar & Cafe, 328 Main Street in Rockland. No admission fee is required.
- Wednesday, December 17, Noon, Music @ Noon, in the museum library (Tickets available through Bay Chamber Concerts.)
- Thursday, December 18, 11:30 a.m. – 12:45 p.m., Oceanside West Honors Choir, in the museum library.
- Tuesday, December 30, 1-3 p.m. Sruli and Lisa Family Klezmer Party, including traditional music and dance of Eastern Europe.
For more information on any of these events or programs, please contact the museum’s Special Events Manager Annie Brown at (207) 596-6457 ext.143. To register for the Gingerbread House Decorating Workshop please contact our Education Coordinator Kelly Finlay at firstname.lastname@example.org.