The Harlow Gallery’s Education Committee presents Second Sundays, a monthly series of community events held within the Gallery at 160 Water Street in Hallowell. January’s Second Sunday is Sunday, January 11, 2 – 4 p.m., Bookmaking – One piece of paper makes a book: Take one piece of paper, fold and cut it and you have a multi page book to use for drawings, doodles, collages, or stories.
Mark your calendars and look forward to activities on the second Sunday of every month at the Harlow. These events will bring artists and art lovers together to enjoy the process of making art as well as looking at art and discussing it. Many of the events will be perfect for families, and all are welcome. These sessions take place every 2nd Sunday from 2 to 4 p.m. at the Harlow Gallery, and are free and open to the public. Materials are provided, but participants are welcome to bring their own as well.
UPCOMING SECOND SUNDAYS:
- January 11 Bookmaking – One piece of paper makes a book: Take one piece of paper, fold and cut it and you have a multi page book to use for drawings, doodles, collages, or stories.
- February 8 Ross Grams Digital Art Speed Painting Demonstration: Ross Grams is a digital illustrator, concept artist and painter from Vienna, Maine. Check out his website rossgrams.com then come watch him in action.
- March 8 Artist Trading Cards: Very small art works to make and trade. Little treasures created from all kinds of media.
- April 12 Astrological Chart Mandalas: explore and create a mandala from your astrology chart. Chart included, Mixed media.
- May 10 Art Critique: Bring one or two pieces that you are working on or have completed to a group critique. A great way to meet other artists and get some input on your work.
For more information contact the Harlow Gallery at (207) 622-3813 or visit harlowgallery.org.